Tough day

Thursday, June 22, 2006

God in the midst of storms

There is a worship song that I sing in my quiet times. It is real simple and the lyrics are true if ya think on it. The lyrics are:

I could run away but you would never leave
You would always stay right by my side.
Right by my side my Lord,
Right by my side.

How many times do we forget that God is right beside us?

Today I had a medical nuclear test done which means I had radioactive fluid put in my veins by an IV and had this big huge camera sit on top of me taking pictures of my gall bladder and liver since I was having pain in my right abdomin area. The doctors can not figure out what is going on. While the technician was doing the procedure I started having some problems. I started getting really warm with the fluid and then my heart started racing. I told God that he was God and that He was mighty enough to calm me down and let me relax.I told God that his strength would have to pull me through and God did. I finished the test and will get my results next week. I do not know what will be my results but I know that God is there right beside me. Plus, this week has been hard for me with work. I manage the children's department for Borders Bookstore and for starters my boss is a wiccan so we clash a lot being that I am a god loving christian. She constantly yells and creates stress and this week has been very hard. There is a lot of projects this week that must be done and God is getting every single one done-it is amazing!! God could not do that untill I turned it over to him. There are so many things that we can't do on our own-we have to say God I can't do it, you have to do it. When we do the reward is so awesome!! What I thought were storms were actually God's blessings because I got to know him better. With knowing him better my faith in him increases. So if you are reading this and are going through a storm know that God is right beside you even when you want to run away just whispering come back, come back to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I'm honored that I get to be the first person to leave a comment on your first post of your first blog! Yay!

I'm glad you are finding God right there beside you. I've been through the test you were talking about. I had my gall bladder (and a tiny smidgeon of my pancreas) removed in 2004. It isn't fun, but I feel SOOOO much better now. All that nasty severe pain in my back and sides is gone. So I will be praying for you! I hope to see you on Sunday, but if for some reason I don't, I'll definitely see you at Tiff's on Friday, June 30!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah B. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Tooz said...

Hi, Sara. I am glad that God is working for you. Just keep remembering that He is there through all the good and bad times. I just read a Rick Warren interview yesterday that I sent to Jennifer. Rick says that life isn't really a series of peaks and valleys--it's more like a railroad, with good things on one side of the track and bad things on the other. If you are interested in reading the interview, Jenn can probably find it. Good luck with your blog!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Welcome to the crazy world of blogdom, Sarah! I enjoyed reading your post. Geron,(my husband) and I went and picked up our youth from middle school camp today. When we got there, it was a small camp and they were having their worship time in an open air shelter. But, God was in this place. There's nothing like seein God move in the lives of 200 or so youth at the same time. I was blessed. I look forward to reading your entries.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

do you clash with your boss because she's a wiccan or because she yells a lot?

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home